The Wrap Up of the Week

Extremely rare BLUE crawdad
Photo Credit:  JS, AKA Crawdad Guy



 Sometimes I sit down to blog and I think... what the heck did I do that was even remotely interesting this week?  Come to find out, this week was a pleasant exception, filled with exciting and unusual experiences.

As you can see in the photo above, I was witness to the capture and release of the rare blue crawdad of Jackson Creek.  Only one in 10,000 crawdads are blue, so I'm still reeling from this crazy crawdad crowdpleaser.

Before school earlier in the week, I drove over to Chickadee Farms and helped feed the Clydesdale horses.  Had to get up so early, (4 am) but truly worth the energy. 

After school that same day, I was invited to speak at the CornCob Rally on the Courthouse Square.  I spoke about 4H chicken rearing programs in public schools.  Went well.

Then just yesterday, I left school after doing report cards to see some idiot had tied a great horned owl to a fence post across the street with a jumprope.  I freed the owl, which was surprisingly calm.  Fare thee well, Great Horned Owl.  Godspeed, my friend.

Because the week had some unusual highlights, I decided to share them with you, my few remaining readers. We can only imagine what this next week might bring our way.

ps  Please vote for the referendum on November 8.  If you want to, go ahead and try to get a few others to vote for the referendum as well.  Merci beaucoup. 

Comments

Susan Fa said…
How does one catch a great horned owl?
cb said…
A fantastic wrap up!

Popular Posts