On Frenchman Street


 No hot water yet, but all else delights.  Loved walking in the sculpture garden in City Park.  Loved even more listening to Betty Shirley and her band all afternoon.  Betty Shirley sat with us and had a drink at the break.  She has an incredible bluesy voice and BONUS --- she's also an art teacher at a local elementary school.  She told me I was lucky to have my own class all day and I agreed with her.  (Probably heading back to 3rdLand in August.  I'll keep you posted).  She also told us we were lucky to have a son like #1.  This woman is wise, my friends. I will follow her now, but probably not to the gig at Dos Jefes where they smoke cigars. 

My dad feels better.  WooHOO.  

Thich Nhat Hanh reminds us that both suffering and happiness are impermanent, so we should work to transform suffering and nourish happiness.  I can't go wrong with that fine advice on this muggy Monday.  

Comments

Mitzi Lewison said…
Amazing photo! Quinn looks fabulous--a true jazz man. Betty Shirley sounds like a wise woman.
KC said…
I really like thinking about the impermanence. And, I'm glad you're having a great trip!
marion said…
So glad you're having this time with Quinn! And happy to hear that your dad's feeling better too.

Popular Posts