Story Premise #10: Work Party


 

We all got emails about the post work happy hour.  It didn't seem optional.  I showed up exactly on time.  In first, out first was my thinking.  The spread was better than our normal fare.  I grabbed two deviled eggs and a glass of Pinot Grigio and took a seat. We all waited for BossMan to show up.  Suddenly the room went dark.  The presenter screen blinked on.  Bossman's face filled the screen.  Behind him stood a man with a pistol aimed at Bossman's head.  

I have to hand it to Bossman.  He hardly seemed phased.  "Hey Everyone. Thanks for coming on such short notice.  Everything's AOK.  This gentleman here---"

"Shut your mouth," groused the gunman, rapping the side of the pistol against Bossman's skull.  You're not in charge here.  We're giving all of you 2 hours to come up with the name of the idiot who sold company secrets to our competitors.  I don't think I have to tell you what's going to happen to your boss if we don't get a name by 8 pm.  Enjoy the buffet." 

The lights went on and everyone looked around.  No one spoke.  Munching on our tapas in silence, we all seemed to be weighing our options. 

Comments

mm said…
Dang...looks different than my work happy hours.
KC said…
Reminicent of Die Hard! Love it!
Julie said…
omg, another cliff hanger. I'm going to have to stop reading these if you don't write more! Or invite you to an after-work party...duh duh duh dum.

Popular Posts