Story Premise #11: Under the Influence




Sheila, a home health care worker, raised her 2 kids with little help from her deadbeat ex-husband. She's put her heart and soul into helping Claire and Noah excel in all of their interests and endeavors.  Sheila's devastated when Claire drops out of her junior year of college to become an influencer.  Claire has moved back home and spends her days making insta-stories about her toothpaste and something called kombucha. She's not making any money, but she insists that she will turn a profit once she gets past 500 followers. Now her younger brother, Noah, wants to be an influencer too.  He refuses to sign up for the SAT and sits around all day making videos about pranks he's pulled on his friends and teachers at the high school.  Sheila's already been called in several times by the assistant principal to talk about Noah's poor choices.  

 

Sheila's devastated. Her kids were her whole world, and now they seem like strangers. With the help of one of her patients, Sheila begins Elder Excellence, a youtube channel devoted to awesome aging.  Her channel takes off.  Does her new found fame re-connect this family?  Maybe, but maybe not.

Comments

KC said…
Yep. This is similarly fantastic. I have an idea that you should write a serial novel. Maybe right here on the blog. It would suck so bad to have two lazy influencer kids.
KC said…
Now I realize my comment doesn't really work as structured. When you get to "it would suck so bad," it sounds like an indictment of your potential serial novel. THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT. I meant, I feel for Sheila.
Julie said…
I need to know what happens. Please write this book! (Just taking a few minutes to catch up on the blog when I should be working, and loving the story premises.)
LH said…
KC I understood your intent. I can't believe how many people now put their job down as "influencer?" What in the world?

Julie, So glad to see you here, Friend!!!!
mm said…
I feel like the writer of this blog is an "influencer".

Popular Posts