The Return

Reporting to you all from basecamp.  Husbandman is not here.  He has flown to Vienna for a math conference.  Basecamp is quiet. Holiday festivities have come to an end.  On my To Do list today is writing a review about our rental site.  When I first saw the site, I was super disappointed.  The living room furniture was badly stained and falling apart. We also became aware of an ant problem in the kitchen area. Upon entry, I was royally PO'd  and I let it be known by complaining vociferously to all within earshot.

Over time, I came to appreciate some pros of the site.  We watched Harry Potter on a big screen, crafted hand turkeys on a large table, cooked several awesome meals and played a new board game with plenty of space for setting up our European train routes.  Everyone had a fairly comfortable bed and the showers, while lacking basics like soap, were well functioning. Come to find out, we were able to enjoy the holy heck out of each other in that space. I'll therefore probably give a good review.  The owners may be doing their best and forgetting the rest.  I suppose I can do the same.  If you read my review and end up staying there in the future, I apologize, but just try to relax about what you see around you when you first enter.  Focus on what's important in life.  Fun family free time.  Also, know that there are a ton of cool things to do outside in that neck of woods.  Get outside as much as you can.

Comments

Julie said…
I'll keep this in mind when I enter the airbnb I've rented in NYC this weekend. I've rented many of them there and only one was a complete hell hole. One of them had a scary doorman who made it clear I wasn't supposed to be staying there via evil looks. The rest were very nice to ok. I survived them all and had a great time regardless.
cb said…
It's good to read that you enjoyed the space and this neck of the woods.

Hope all is well at basecamp and beyond.

xo
cb
LH said…
Julies, I'm happy about your NY trip. I want to hear about where you stayed, and what you did. So let's get together soon, woman.

CB, We really had a great trip. It was hard to leave. Last night I was meeting people at Uptown. I walked over to the bar and leaned over to look for purse hooks. They didn't have any. The bartender asked me what I was doing. I explained the whole purse hook thing. He had never heard of purse hooks. but he thought they were a good idea.
cb said…
You were so right about the purse hooks. It is good of you to spread the word.

xo
cb

Popular Posts