The Walker

My dad has been in and out of poor health the last few months. He had a fall, a hospital stay and now he has to use a walker to get around.  Honestly, I don't think using a walker is a negative.   I frequently search on the internets for different kinds of walkers that I plan on buying as soon as I can reasonably walk around using a walker. I also like to go look at the walkers when I'm at the drug store.

Dad sounds better this week and we've had some good chats lately.  Yesterday I told him that Husbandman and I plan on going out to eat this weekend.  Dad said, "I wish I could go out to eat."
I replied, "You can.  What are you talking about?" 
Dad yelled into the phone, "I'm a cripple for God's sakes!"
This sent me into hysterics. Could not stop laughing.  Dad said he was happy that I found the situation amusing.
  Dad's not a cripple.  He's getting around fine and has lots of great help down at 90Cab. I heart my dad.  He's a good guy.

Comments

mm said…
I hope your dad is really getting around OK!
kc said…
This was an LOL x 2 kind of post. I really like thinking of you scoping the walker options in the drug store. I'm going to start doing that, too. xo
Julie said…
What KC said...LOL, both your dad's comment and you checking out the walkers. Remember how much you liked the oxygen tank? You may be a very happy as an older person. hahahahaaaa.

Popular Posts