The Spirit

It's the holiday time of year, but you'd never know it if you followed me around.  No tree.  No haystack cookies.  No festive music of Michael Bolton.  Just the same old kind of stuff.

Today I have the afternoon off because I have to drop in on our local periodontist.  I've taken time off every few weeks for dental appointments this school year and everyone including me is getting sick of it. A kid asked me today if I have a problem with cavities. I just answered, "No, but I don't want talk about my dental situation."  Who wants to really hear about cadaverized bone grafts and lasering off gum tissue?

Time away from the school house grind gave me some extra time at home this afternoon, so I decided to climb out of my rut and crank up the holiday spirit. In short, I ventured up to the attic to release the Santas. I was cheered to reunite with Frogman Santa, Ghost Santa, Serial Killer Santa, Wee Little Santa, etc. I bought a new Santa this year from Global Gifts.  He's from Kenya and made from solid ROCK so I'll call him The Rock Santa.  Welcome, The Rock Santa.  Soon, I'll be listening to a holiday CD on my way to my dental care visit.


Comments

KC said…
I'm happy about the Santas, but not about the periodontist.
mm said…
Rock Santa... the best.... dentists... the worse

Popular Posts