The Land



I've been inside today.  It's cool in here and I'm grading papers and doing lesson plans and drinking tea and enjoying the quiet.

But let me tell you something, dear reader, on this very morning my ear was hurting horribly.  I was concerned, but the doctor had said that I would feel worse before I would feel better.  He said that I shouldn't expect my ear to feel better until late Wednesday.  I was skeptical as the worsening throbbing pain, resembling a knife being repeatedly thrust into the side of my head, greatly concerned me.  I'm not going to lie.  I even wondered if I might secure some pain meds if I drove over to the ER.  But because of my inner fortitude, I stuck it out and the pain has dissipated quite a bit.  At least we're going in the right direction now.  We're in the Land of Less Pain.  This is a Labor Day for the Ages.  I've been singing to my ear the classic Labor union song, Which Side Are You On???

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so glad the pain has lessened which hopefully means the antibiotics are doing their job. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
jw
kc said…
I love this song and the documentary Harlan County, USA.

Popular Posts