The Tampa

It's time to say farewell to Tampa and to #LRA2017.  I had fun and thought about a lot of things.  Our talk went well.  There's a researcher by the name of Peter Johnston.  As you may know, I really admire this gentleman.  He attended our talk and after the talk he told us it was "great."  I wanted to take a selfie with him, but I didn't want to seem annoying so I didn't ask.  I'm sure he would have been fine about it, so why didn't I just do it? I'll probably never get that chance again.  Basically, that ship has sailed.  So, in line with my new life goal of worrying less, I'm just letting that go and focusing on the good things that happened.  Dinners with pals, walks by the river, learning about power pinners and curricular profiteering, improvisational learning, Critical Race English Education and artifactual literacies and the justice of now.  An added plus was seeing our good friend Slapdash cited on the big screen at one of the keynotes. Our good friend Tasha Laman was also cited on the big screen at this same talk.   And also an added plus was watching the pelicans kamikaze diving into the river.  And also another huge added plus was sitting on this little balcony on the 11th floor of this hotel and drinking coffee with Mitzker each morning. Farewell, #LRA2017.  You did your best and forgot the rest.

Comments

KC said…
It sounds like a massive win.
Anonymous said…
I admire Peter Johnston's work so much. Sounds like a great conference.
jw
jdoc said…
Count me in the Peter Johnston fan club, too! And the Lee Heffernan fan club. I just passed your book along to a writing methods instructor :) I love this conference for so many reasons you name here.

Popular Posts