The Thanks


Thanksgiving is here.  We have kinfolk here from Seattle, California, Louisiana and New York.  Oh, this modern world.

There's some cooking happening, and some baking.  I'm on a 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off schedule today.  We've gathered materials for the hand turkeys.  This year, we're drawing on New Materialism Theory as a framework for our hand turkey assemblages.  You can read more about it here if you want to. Everybody's choosing different materials.  I, for one, plan on using water colors.

Stay tuned my friends.  And btw, I feel thankful for all of you today and ever day.

Comments

mm said…
I'm not going to lie. I was disappointed that this Thanksgiving post didn't include hand turkeys, but II'm sure they'll be worth the wait!
KC said…
Thanks so much for the link. I have been really wondering about this since you first mentioned it. I need some new theoretical frameworks.
KC said…
Ok, but would it kill people to just not write sentences like this one: "Barad’s new feminist materialist, posthumanist rethinking of performativity, and of the world itself, to conclude, pushes us towards a new understanding of materiality"? Too many -ists and -ivities.

Popular Posts