The Regret

Artist:  Betsy Glassey
This was a week I was happy to see end.  When the busy-ness gets overwhelming, I get frustrated with myself and with the world.  Yesterday I took the whole day off.  I've worked the last 2 weekends and that was a mistake.  I need to have fun and frolic as much as the next gal.  Anyway, we went to the handmade market and the quilt show in the morning.  It's neat to see the stuff people make.  I bought a raccoon jaw necklace for myself.  I almost bought a pin for myself that says, "Don't tell me what to do."  I wanted that pin in the worst way and it only cost 8$.  Why on earth didn't I buy it?  The thing is, it's a little abrasive.  Still, I'm filled with regrets.  If you see that pin anywhere, please get it for me and I'll pay you back. 8 bucks.  Geez.

After the craft shows, I went to see Blade Runner by myself.  Husbandman had already seen it.  It's quite good, if a tad long.  I think you should see it if you feel like it.  At the end of the day, we saw The Sklar Brothers at Comedy Attic.  I thought they were adorable.

A day off is a good thing.  Next weekend, Judith and I will be in St. Louis.  I wish #ncte was in a more exciting city.  No offense, St. Louis, but I have a real hankering for a trip to Chicago right now.  Or Tulum.  Or Vancouver.  I'll make do with St. Louis.  The Sklar Brothers recommend Ozzie Smith's restaurant.

Comments

mm said…
Have a great NCTE trip. I look forward to reading your posts about it.

Popular Posts