The Photo

We visited the Atlanta Aquarium recently.  When we exited through the gift shop, I spied this awesome rubber whale shark.  I wanted it so much, but I hesitated to buy it because a.) I felt the buying season was over.  And secondly, there was a long line at the cashier, and I hate standing in lines.

 I walked around the gift shop for a long time, cradling the whale shark in my arms.  Eventually, I put it back on the shelf and left.

Not a day has gone by that I don't miss that whale shark.  I think about how it felt in my arms and wish I could hold it again.

 Let this be a lesson to all of us.  If you want a whale shark, just get one.  Take the time.  Spend the money.  But if you absolutely can't get a whale shark, take a photo and stare at it every day for the rest of your life. Remember the good times.

Comments

Joy Heffernan said…
Never leave your Whale Shark behind. The Georgia Aquarium has online shopping. Just saying.
Anonymous said…
This was a great find, and I also regret that you didn't get it. :(
kc said…
That anonymous comment was from me. KC.
Tima Corley said…
Always be a kid enough to covet a rubber dinosaur or whale shark!
mm said…
I think you'll learn to live a great life without the whale shark.
Anonymous said…
I can't believe you left without the shark!!!
jw

Popular Posts