Pages

Friday, January 06, 2017

The Photo

We visited the Atlanta Aquarium recently.  When we exited through the gift shop, I spied this awesome rubber whale shark.  I wanted it so much, but I hesitated to buy it because a.) I felt the buying season was over.  And secondly, there was a long line at the cashier, and I hate standing in lines.

 I walked around the gift shop for a long time, cradling the whale shark in my arms.  Eventually, I put it back on the shelf and left.

Not a day has gone by that I don't miss that whale shark.  I think about how it felt in my arms and wish I could hold it again.

 Let this be a lesson to all of us.  If you want a whale shark, just get one.  Take the time.  Spend the money.  But if you absolutely can't get a whale shark, take a photo and stare at it every day for the rest of your life. Remember the good times.

6 comments:

joy Heffernan said...

Never leave your Whale Shark behind. The Georgia Aquarium has online shopping. Just saying.

Anonymous said...

This was a great find, and I also regret that you didn't get it. :(

kc said...

That anonymous comment was from me. KC.

Tima Corley said...

Always be a kid enough to covet a rubber dinosaur or whale shark!

mm said...

I think you'll learn to live a great life without the whale shark.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you left without the shark!!!
jw