The Shirt

Every morning at 8:45 am, I stand outside and open car doors for kids arriving by car.
Mr. 3rd Grader hopped out of his car and then stood talking for awhile, "It might be near 80 degrees today and that's why I'm wearing shorts."
"And you're also wearing this nice shirt," I answered referring to his short sleeved plaid number.
"This shirt is very light.  Feel it."
While pinching the fabric on his sleeve I concurred, "It is light.  I love cotton."
"I could wear this shirt to a dance and dance all night."
"Yeah, I guess you could.  That would be fun."
"I could dance all night," Mr. 3rd Grader announced again. Then he walked on up the ramp to school.

Then another kid, Little Kinder Girl, hopped out of her car.  She came at me with 
her mouth open wide.  I looked in there, thinking maybe she lost a tooth or something.  "Is my mouth
bleeding," she asked me.
"No, I saw no blood in there."
"Well it was bleeding a few days ago."
"Looks pretty good today."
Little Kinder Girl seemed satisfied.  She turned and walked up the ramp to school.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Those greetings the kiddos have for you are hilarious! I bet they just love seeing you out there and wonder each day what they are going to tell you as they pull up. I do plan on trying to get over to the view tomorrow to see some artfulness!
N
Anonymous said…
Love these little conversations. Your responses are great.
I hope you are planning an article with these gems.
D/
PS: Thank you soooo much for the tour, the lunch, and the 4 AM chauffeuring.
kc said…
Love it! You are the first face of school. :)
Julie Anna said…
Hubby has been working near your school and said he sees you out there in the mornings. He said you look like you are enjoying yourself. :)
cb said…
Miss Lee, you are the best!
Anonymous said…
WHy are you up so early? Do you leave today for a trip?
N
Emily said…
Aww, I love kids! I worked as a cadet teacher in high school for my old elementary school, and the stories you pick up there are priceless! There's nothing like a child's mind.
LH said…
Welcome, Emily! They are very good for the stories they provide. I love working at a school.

Popular Posts