The Development

I'm very sorry to tell all of you that the professional development day I attended on Wednesday was sub-par. The theme? Teacher Leaders. It's a good theme I suppose, but we spent most of the day talking about some very basic articles in a large group of 60 people. Not a good idea, fyi. I wasn't too, too annoyed because I didn't make sub plans, just showed up. And I spent a little time reading an article I need to read for NCTE, on the sly. I left some important work behind, but I don't have the crazy time table of yore, so I wasn't too anxious about that. Sometimes I don't think my new gig is that interesting, but then I wonder if I have these feelings because I'm somehow attached to a frenetic frazzled pace and this flexible kind of day doesn't really suit me. But there are bennies: I'm neither frazzled nor frantic 100% of the time. I'll focus on those perks for now.

Comments

Julie Anna said…
I think we all want to feel like we are indispensable, so we make ourselves indispensable, and consequently stressed out. I think in time you will realize that you make a difference in whatever part of the teaching field you are in, and will enjoy your new flexibility! I am working on a balance between indispensable and dispensable ;) Let's get together soon, friend! I wanted to have a fall get together, only to get swamped with life, and now fall has nearly passes us by. But I am getting into a holidayish mood already, so I may try to have a "enter into the holiday spirit somewhat early" gathering.

Popular Posts