The Saint

When the peeps came back from library, they stopped dead in their tracks when they saw Good Pal Menosky and a table full of St. Pat's gear awaiting them. "Is this a surprise party?" asked D. Before we could get the party started, each table team had to offer a fact about St. Pat. They were ready, as we had read the saint's story just that morning. Did you know he was kidnapped by Irish pirates and was enslaved on the Emerald Isle? Then some other things happened to him. But ultimately he died on March 17, 461. That's why we celebrate on that day. One peep blurted out, "What? He died on his birthday???" I often feel that the peeps aren't really listening to me. And this was one more piece of evidence to support that premise. Still, the facts were given freely and the partying began, with treats and shamrocks and hats and The Rovers on the CD player. Thanks, GPM!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I had a great time, and the peeps looked cute and fresh and happy in their derby hats.
They also seemed to know about leprechauns and shamrocks.
I'll post a couple pics to JPG on the 17th.
Thanks for inviting me. Your peeps give wonderful hugs.
D/
lee said…
About 5 of them came trooping in to school today with their hats on. And they wore them out to recess. I think it's so funny.
Julie Anna said…
I'm loving these quilt pictures girlfriend. That is one awesome quilt.
LH said…
I know! The quilt show was a little too crowded, but the quilts were very amazing.

Popular Posts