The Arrests

One of the peeps asked, "What's house arrest?" We were in the middle of a fascinating lesson on the traits of the fairy tale genre. Before I could answer, the experts in the room all chimed in to help.
"That thing on your leg keeps you in your house. But it's not tight on your leg. You can move it up and down."
"Yeah, my mom's been on that."
"My brother walked outside the house to test it, and it did beep. Those things work."

I asked the first peep if he understood and he said he did, so we went back to our discussion of The Frog Prince.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Such a cute boy.
Was Rumplestiltskin on house arrest at one point?
jw
LH said…
That Frog Prince story is ridiculous. The princess is a mean spirited promise breaker, and at the end the prince still likes her. Something's not right there.
Anonymous said…
Ha, ha, ha. Maybe your peeps can rewrite it. Unless, of course, they see it as today's norm.

D/
Julie Anna said…
I like the "Paper Bag Princess" story much better, wherein she decides the whiney prince is not worth it and moves on.
Anonymous said…
How about Fannie's Dream? I LOVE that one.
D/
LH said…
i'll look into t hese. Merci.
Anonymous said…
Oh my.... it's the real world....

Popular Posts