The Neighborhood

My feet only hurt a little during a walk today, so I instantly started thinking about how my six problems with my feet might disappear soon and I will walk every day and maybe by summer I could start slogging again. Before I could get too much enjoyment out of this fantasy, I plunged into downer thoughts about how I would probably just stop walking the minute I go back to work next week and how I'll probably always be a big fat loser in the health dept. But then after that I thought about staying in the moment, checking out the crocuses, keeping my eyes peeled for some cool birds and it was then that I saw a downy woodpecker. So things got good again, until I returned safely home. And that's the dramatic story of my short walk around my neighborhood.

When the doctor shot my toe twice, it swelled up and I felt like The Incredible Hulk. The swelling was hard to capture with the camera, but my toe did get surprisingly large. The shots hurt a lot.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is just gross. Just gross. I can't believe how many things are wrong with your feet. I've been walking as well. Trying to anyway.
jw
Anonymous said…
Ugh!

Maybe you should go to the Good Feet Store.

D/
KC said…
I feel terrible about your feet problems. I think and hope all of them will resolve, and you will be able to keep walking in the gorgeous spring weather.
Julie Anna said…
Egads, my dear. I hope your feet are on the road to recovery. But most importantly, will this blog entry garner more press than husband's tennis toe entry? Have you tried the extremely expensive MBT shoes for the Plantar's fascitis? Do you still have to deal with the PF? I have a pair of these and have experienced much less back pain, as well as relief from my horrid bunion issues. Skechers has a version of these now...I have no idea if they work as well, but they are less than half the price and look identical.

Popular Posts