The Hearts

Many peeps were having a ton of trouble cutting a paper into a heart shape. I tried to teach one peep, Devante, but he kept cutting his paper into a symmetrical skinny leaf shape. I really do attempt to teach the peeps things, so I courageously kept insisting that Devante watch me again, as I explained how to start, how to move the scissor, etc. After the 5th heart cutting demo, Devante yelled out in amazement, "How do you DO that?" He seemed genuinely impressed. Even though I didn't succeed in teaching him how to cut hearts, I did get his admiration, so I left the situation feeling pretty A.O.K. about the whole thing.

Good pal Menosky brought in the party this week and we were all jazzed about our snakes and notebooks and pens and treats and all the FUN we had together celebrating and feeling the love.

GPM almost didn't bring the snakes in this year because of all the wild snake swinging that went on last year, but she brought them in anyway, because they are very cool toys. There was snake swinging yet again, but no injuries (okay, one sore eye) but other than that, no real problems. Thanks, D.

Comments

KC said…
this party seems like a total blast.
LH said…
It was. The peeps do know how to party, I'll say that for them.

Today I have a professional day to go learn more about thinking maps. woohoo.
KC said…
i'm very sorry to hear this.

i wonder if maybe it will be better?
LH said…
Well, we were all wondering that. And many of us were even hopeful, and yet it was not to be. Alas.
Julie Anna said…
your hair looks very nice in this photo, my friend.
LH said…
thx, dear.

Popular Posts