The Mo

I'm super low mo today (low motivation). I'm home from work and there's plenty I could do, but the upcoming (1pm) mouth surgery is distracting me big time. The good news is, I was told some blogworthy stories quite recently which I will now recount.
Last night I was at school until 7 getting sub plans ready. As I was xeroxing, I got to talking with friendly big man custodian about my tooth situation. I'm going to have an "apo" which involves cutting through my gum and then cutting the tip of a root off." Big Man topped my tale by telling me the story of how he lost 3 teeth playing a game called "Keep the Whiskey In Your Mouth." The game goes like this. You take a swig of whiskey and then someone punches you in the mouth as hard as he or she can. You have to keep the whiskey in during and after the punching episode. Big Man punched his friend and knocked out his front tooth, but the friend did keep the whiskey in his mouth. Then friend got to punch Big Man and he loosened 3 of Big Man's teeth, but Big Man did keep the whiskey in his mouth. He has implants now.

But wait, there's more. Later when I came back to xerox yet again, Big Man told me the story of how he bought a taser for his wife and he wanted to make sure it worked so he told his wife to tase him and just in a short few seconds, the tasing blasted him to the ground, made his eyes rattle inside his head and left burn marks on his abdomen.

I didn't have much to offer Big Man in the story department after that. So I just wrapped up the copying, and he wished me well with the mouth surgery. Then we parted company.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Carolyn can tell you lots of tooth stories.

Good luck with yours. Hopefully you will NOT have a story to top the ones you just heard.

D/
Anonymous said…
I hope everything goes smoothly with your surgery. It sounds unpleasant, to say the least. I can't believe these stories from your custodian! He's had an exciting life!
Anonymous said…
AWESOME!
KC said…
omg - i'm really having a chuckle over big man. i'm really hoping the mouth surgery went smoothly, too. i imagine they'll give you some pain meds. i hope they help.
Anonymous said…
OMG. That is all I can muster after reading the stories...
Anonymous said…
That guy really told you these stories???!!! omg.
jw
Anonymous said…
I am laughing so hard right now that I can hardly type!!! KV
LH said…
Big Man is something else.
Julie Anna said…
Hope your surgery went ok. The horror stories I could tell you...which would not be advisable right now, I'm sure. But Post-Surgery, we can swap the horror stories. Big Man is quite the Hoosier Dude.

Popular Posts