The Problems


Despite the pervasive holiday mania I'm living in right now, I was pretty pleased with getting through the day with everyone still alive and accounted for. But this pleasure was not sustainable because, lo and behold, during end of day procedures, someone screamed out, "Allison's hurt!"
I ran over to Allison who was sobbing and holding her leg.
"What happened?" I shrieked at her.
"Alvin kicked me. HARD!" She wailed back.
"Where is Alvin?" I asked scanning the postage stamp sized room.
"He took off," several peeps said in unison.
Turns out, with only 5 minutes left to the day, disgruntled peep Alvin decided to kick and run. Administrators found him about 10 minutes later, hanging out in the playground. I wonder what his problem was/is. I told him he couldn't take the hamsters out, but really? Was this response called for?

And speaking of kids with problems, tonight I visited former peep in a hospital for kids with problems. I didn't even know this hospital existed until I moved to newschool. It's kind of a sad place. I brought gifties from me and Good Pal Menosky. Menosky's package had food items, including home made cookies. Those were removed from the bag as contraband, but former peep was delighted with the rest of the gear, and we read a few Spiderman books together before I had to leave. He asked the supervisor if he could keep the stuffed dinosaur with him in his bed, but it had to be locked away with the rest of the belongings. He dealt with it well, but asked me to visit again this weekend. I said I would try. On the way home, I ate Menosky's cookies and thought about how long tomorrow would be.
Ho hum, ho ho ho. I'll keep you posted.

Comments

KC said…
it is incredibly good of you to visit again. i hope he liked that spiderman book.
lee said…
He did, but he seemed pretty distracted. Overly medicated maybe. He goes home tomorrow, so I'm really happy he's not there for Christmas. Tomorrow we leave for GA. We have a good book to read for the ride.

Popular Posts