The Army


Because yesterday was Veteran's Day, we had a speaker at our school who talked about getting out of the U.S. army in the 50's and then joining GOD'S ARMY and becoming an evangelical missionary. He asked the kids if they went to church, invited them all to his church and then advised them to always be part of GOD'S ARMY and NEVER belittle our great country. Then the kids all sang, "I'm glad to be an American, where at least I know I'm free." I wondered how they could be sure, given that the separation of church and state tenet had just been violated right in front of our very eyes. At any rate, Happy Vet's Day to all the veterans I know. You know who you are.

Comments

Anonymous said…
omg. this is just an incredible story. I've got to talk to you about it.
jw
Anonymous said…
I can't believe this. Who invited him?
(And we're afraid to say "Merry Christmas" out loud at school.)
D/

Popular Posts