The Show

We saw Bruce Springsteen this week. He was playing music, giving what might be called a rock concert. The show was phenomenal and I've been reliving it for the past two days by watching youtube videos of every song he sang. And then some other songs. Then I watch them again. A couple of times. I showed one of these to the peeps on Friday morning as they ate their breakfast so they could understand why I was so tired and potentially crabby. They reacted positively and I felt good about creating yet another generation of fans for the boss. I wish I could retire and just follow Bruce around. Not just attend his shows, but be around during his regular life as well. I wouldn't want to interact with him per se, just unobtrusively observe what's going on in his day to day.

Comments

Rachel said…
Jim and I also saw Bruce Springsteen last week. He was in St. Paul on Sunday night. I also loved the concert and spent some time wondering why I wasn't one of those guitar guys who gets to hand the boss his next guitar. I stopped wondering why I wasn't that guy when Bruce THREW his guitar at him, and he had to catch it.
LH said…
After blowing on his harmonica for awhile during a song, he just flung it behind him. Maybe we could be the harmonica picker uppers. Hi Rachel!
Undomestic said…
Sounds like a reality TV show!
LH said…
I know. It's a great concept. Hanging out with the Springsteens. I would just be off to one side, reading a book or grading papers, while they lived their lives.
Julie Anna said…
Awesome possum. I'd love to see the boss man if only to hear my one favorite song: Romeo and Juliet. I think that's the name of it. Husbandman looks very relaxed. Congrats to R. on the driver's license!
Anonymous said…
how did you get that twitter thing on your blog? i have to go try to do that.

Popular Posts