The Aging


49 Up is a little sad. I've seen 28, 35 and 42 Up. So the new footage seems very dramatic. It's fascinating to watch people age. The 49 year olds still have a bit of the 7 year old face. But the documentary work has caused all the participants a great deal of pain and I am sorry about that. I wonder why they stayed in all these years when it was clearly troubling for them to do so. But I'm glad they did. The movie gives me a sense that growing old is about gaining some calm happiness. And I've always kind of doubted the truth of that.

Comments

Leah said…
hi there,

i think your clearly link is going to the wrong page as my post doesn't have anything to do with your post. i noticed the links coming thru your page and checked it out. just thought i'd let you know! have a great weekend!

Popular Posts