The Hilarity


A parent I like a lot and have known lo these many years cheerily shared a story with me this afternoon, that she just knew I was going to find funny. Her sixer came home talking about how cranky I was and told her mom that I probably should go back to half time teaching. Then sixermom laughed pretty hard and added, "And she's so sick of this social justice stuff you're still doing!" I looked at her and said, "Could you please not tell me anything else?"
The thing about interactions like this, is, as they're happening, I instantly recognize that I'm going to be bugged for a long time. And so it has been, lo these many hours. My mind keeps returning to the words and my impatience grows as I wonder how long this one's going to stick in my proverbial craw.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You shall be gone with it after this evening!
N
LH said…
Yes, the massage followed by a dinner out with pals was just the ticket.
I should just follow that protocol whenever I'm annoyed in future.
Julie Anna said…
dinner and wine did me a world of good, friends! It was SO good to commune with like-minded souls.
Undomestic said…
Just come here to MN. I promise not to be like that when you teach my son...and I'll make sure he never tires of your social justice lessons!!!!

Popular Posts