The Shampoo

My pal is in the hospital recovering from open heart surgery. She has an impressive scar, bruised and swollen arms and legs, and an excruciatingly slow walking pace, but on the good side, she told me that they have a shampoo cap that they put in the microwave and then put on your head. You rub it into your hair and it cleans it. Honestly, her hair didn't look that great, but if they worked on that technology, it could be something I would use daily. Drinking coffee and reading the paper while shampooing my hair. I'm all for it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My thoughts and prayers are with your friend. That open heart thing is truly scary. I still can't believe that I went through it. My scars are fading and will probably be gone by the three year anniversary.

I am not attending NCTE this year. I tried to work it out but it was just not worth the effort. I am going to TEXAS instead for Thanksgiving. I am seeing an old friend for total Fun. I hope to kiss a beautiful Texan while I am there.

Jeff
LH said…
I visited her this weekend and she did not look great. It's going to be a slow recovery. She keeps having complications, like her heart racing fast, her legs ballooning up. I can't believe you went thru it too. How much time did you take off work?

I will miss you at ncte. there's nctear in february in louisville. i think you should be there.
Julie Anna said…
Sorry to hear about your friend, lh. Do you remember a product in the 70's or 80's that was dry "spray" shampoo? Supposedly you could spray it on, rub it in, and go, and your hair would be cleaner. As I recall, it didn't work worth beans. I, too, would use the laziest possible device for clean hair that modern science could come up with if it worked. As it is, I sigh a heavy sigh and resign myself to the washing of the hair every few days.
LH said…
I do remember this.
The good part of
the shampoo hospital cap is that it goes in the microwave before you
put it on your head.
It would be great if husbandman would massage my head while i drink coffee, read the paper, and wear the hot shampoo cap in the morning. let's get on this...

Popular Posts