The Second Stop: Seville

 


Seville is beautiful with a wild history.  We toured some mind blowing World Heritage Sites. I loved Real Alcazar and the Cathedral. Palace of Las Duenas is not a world heritage site, yet, but if you feel like it you should definitely go there. 

The heat has been a challenge, but Husbandman and I have figured out how to do the right amount of stuff each day so that neither of us gets heatstroke. Our hotel has a pool, so a late afternoon swim has been part of our routine.  

The food has been another challenge.  I'm a vegetarian who will eat a shrimp or an oyster if placed right in front of me.  Rarely, but yes, I do it.  (Please don't kick me out of the vegetarian club because of this. Cut me some slack why don't you?)  Seville serves a lot of fishy fish that I do not care for.  They mostly serve a ton of meat products.  They are big on meat here. Meat prepared every which way. 

  Croquettes are also frequently on the menu.  I loved the veggie croquettes we ate at Elsa and Fred, but, come to find out, most croquettes are meaty. Ever hopeful for the possibility of veggie croquettes, I asked a waiter at  Pasaje about them.  He replied haltingly,  "They are filled with.... how would you say it.... it does not sound good.... but it is good...they are filled with blood." 

Blood.  Seriously? 

Seville, we loved our time with you despite the food issues. You're super friendly and beautiful.

Adios and gracias! On to Athens.








Comments

Mitzi Lewison said…
Love the photos--they bring back great memories. Not being a vegetarian, I never thought about the challenges of eating in Seville. I'm loving your posts--gets me thinking about returning to Spain.
John King said…
Bloodballs? I’ll pass. 😖

Did you see the Sevilla Tower that supposedly inspired the Ferry Building’s clock tower?
cb said…
Sorry about the food situation. Blood croquettes do not sound good.

Your photography is marvelous. The tiles are especially nice to see. Also, the shout out links to your boy Dickens.
LH said…
Hey Mitz. We went to the market and ate at a great little place in there. Thought of you and Steve. Thanks for the rec!

Mr. King.... We did see the Gerald. Did not go in the tower, but sat looking up at it while I had a cola zero. I didn't make the connection but now it seems quite obvious.

Bonjour Madame Butler.... thought of you so much in that ceramic tile haven. Super beautiful. And I finished Our Mutual Friend. Definitely a great one.
LH said…
GIRALDA .

Not GERALD.
Janet said…
Wow, gorgeous!!!
KC said…
It's time for Seville to upgrade the veggie options. Get with the program, already.

Popular Posts