The Bite



Now that my father's ashes are buried in a pine forest, I am ready to begin what many people call summer break

Summer doesn't arrive for another 3 weeks so I prefer to use the term temporary unemployment.

This day was wide open to me which is how I like a day. I basically did whatever I wanted to do. I pulled weeds and swept part of the basement.  I wrote in my notebook.  Joined Husbandman for lunch where I ate Chow Chow. Bought a latte and went to the library.  Read some zines and wrote some post cards.  

While at the library, I hopped on the internet to conduct research on bug bite identification.  The bug bite on the back of my leg, itchy and unsightly, was a mystery I needed to solve. Did a bug bite me while I pulled weeds? What kind of bug?   I studied hundreds of photos and read dozens of websites about poisonous insects in my state.  I'm now pretty sure it's a mosquito bite. Mosquito bites can be dangerous.  Like rats, mosquitos are VECTORS.

I'm going to order some Sawyer Brand picaridin and I suggest you do the same.  Scores of ordinary citizens recommend it on Reddit and other social media sites. 

Aside from the bite, this day has been top notch, filled with leisure and learning. Let's keep it rolling.



Comments

cb said…
That is a top notch day. Well done!

I will probably buy some picaridin. Thank you for the reseach.
Mitzi Lewison said…
A pine forrest--that sounds perfect. Life sounds good, except for the mosquito bite. There are lots of bugs on Maui, but I seem immune. On the other hand, SP is getting eaten alive. He started using eucalyptus cream and that's working pretty well. I have come Picaridin back in B-town. Keep enjoying your temporary unemployment!!
KC said…
I love temporary unemployment.

Popular Posts