The Yorning

 

Welladay, here I am blogging at last.  

I will now tell you about my President's Day weekend.  

I took a plane to Georgia to visit my dad.  #30something also took a plane to Georgia.  We had plans to talk to my dad for three days.

The trip had a rough start.  When I arrived at the airport, I could not find #30something, even though she had arrived earlier.  I've watched TAKEN dozens of times, so of course I instantly assumed she had been taken for human trafficking purposes. As I tried to figure out what to do, my emotions wafted between panic and despair. Come to find out, #30something had lost her phone on the plane. When she discovered that she would not be able to get her phone back and that it might be on its way to Denver, someone loaned her their phone so she could call me, but she didn't know my new phone number so first she had to call #1Son and get my number. 

This craziness could have been avoided if white courtesy telephones still existed and if human beings still memorized phone numbers. 

Days of yore. Good times. 

After that, everything was smooth sailing.  The trip involved sitting with Dan (father, grandfather)  going through his genealogy files and adding to our online family tree.  When not with Dad, we talked about all manner of things and never stopped talking even once. President's Day in Georgia might be a new multi-generational tradition. #BestPresidentsDayEver

Comments

cb said…
Whew. Glad she wasn't TAKEN. Excellent President's Day recap.
I miss white courtesy telephones.
Joy Heffernan said…
Sign me up for next year!

Sorry our girl lost her phone, bummer. You know Sister Woman, I rarely have occasion to worry about you but you've seen Taken "dozens of times". I'm concerned!

Popular Posts