The Conversation



 We've been busy hopping around Paris with Cynthia.  We've visited Septime, La Coupole, Musee Marmottan Monet, Petit Palais, Musee Luxembourg, Musee de Paleontologie.  We've walked a million miles.  Hoorah.

Today I returned to search again for Amedeo Modigliani at Pere Lachaise.  Third time's the charm.  I brought some roses and left them there for him and for his true love, Jeanne Hebuterne.  Then I headed over to bring Gertrude and Alice some roses too.  An American family stopped and asked me to tell them about Gertrude Stein.  The dad remembered something about her, he said, but was shaky on her story. I delivered a pretty good chat about Gertrude and Alice and when I was done, the dad said, "Thanks for the history," and we went our separate ways.  I was so thankful to this sweet quartet for asking me a question that I not only understood, but that I was able to answer in a way that positioned me as a person who knows a thing or two. I felt great about my communication skills, a rare feeling indeed these past six months.  It's exciting to think that when I get home I can have conversations, understand abstract ideas spoken aloud and participate in witty repartee on the daily. 



Comments

Janet said…
Another fine day!
Mitzi Lewison said…
Yay for finding Modigliani. He's in great company!!

Popular Posts