The Toulouse Report



Reporting to you from Toulouse, where the weather report today gives us a "yellow warning for avalanches." Be mindful, people. 

We are here safe and sound, but only because a deadly bullet dodged us yesterday in the a.m..  Leaving our first metro train on the way to Gare Montparnasse, sounds of screaming exploded from the 8 as we stepped onto the platform.  I turned back to see a woman screaming at me, but why? As the doors closed, her mari homme tossed out my backpack to our Mari Homme.  I mouthed Thank YOU to them both as the train pulled away, but I had my mask on so they probably didn't get a sense of how strongly I appreciated their assistance.  

In some ways it was actually their fault that I forgot my backpack because their baby, in his stroller, laughed and acted fascinating throughout the entire metro ride. Obviously that was a distraction that should have been prevented for the sake of the public good. 

Despite this near catastrophe, we made it to Toulouse, the 4th largest city in France.  I see a woman walking her dalmatian outside. It's time to head out.

Comments

cb said…
French children are way too cute. I think we can all agree. Looking forward to more Toulouse reports.
Mitzi Lewison said…
Blame it on the baby!! Love it!! :-). :-)

Popular Posts