The Three Midways

We are about midway through our unit on wellness.  I like this unit.  It's the third time I've taught it and I keep changing it up. We've learned about the brain, about physical exercise, about Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.  This week we'll learn about the importance of public services like the new Switchyard Park and about how some animals live in groups in order to survive.  After the whole group lessons, the Thirdlanders will be working on six wellness inquiry centers in small groups. We need to finish this unit in the next 2 weeks.  Right now, that seems unlikely.

I'm writing a paper about a project in my classroom.  I'm about midway through it and it's coming along well.  The second half is going to be a challenge, but this afternoon, Husbandman and I are going to head out to a coffee shop for some work, after a brisk thirty minute walk.

When my dad was visiting, we took him to see the Tarantino movie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.  About midway through the film, which I was enjoying, Dad decided he didn't want to be seeing it any longer and walked out, with my assistance, since he can't walk very well, especially in dark spaces, because of his macular degeneration and shuffling gait. Dad's a man who follows his whims, which I support for the most part.  Still, Husbandman and I want to see the ending of this film.  I'm reluctant, however, to pay to sit through the first hour all over again, so I guess we'll be waiting for the future streaming.

Comments

mm said…
I would love to read your paper when you are finished.
KC said…
You did the right thing with the Tarantino.

Popular Posts