The Broom

This is how a lot of conversations go in Thirdland.  From 2 days ago---

- Dr. H.  I'm going to be a witch for Halloween.  Can I bring a broom for my costume?
- Sure.
- I can bring a broom?
- Yes.
- You're seriously going to let me bring a broom in to the classroom?
- Do you have plans to hit anyone with it?
- No!
- I think it's not a problem then.
- So, I can bring a broom?
- Right.

Then yesterday.  Same kid.  Dressed as a witch,

- I decided not to bring the broom.
- Well, you look great without it.

A lot of my time went in to that broom's presence, so I was a little resentful, but I got over it.  Our party was fun.  Great parent volunteers ran the show.  Today's going to be a Halloween hangover for everyone.  I hope we can get back on track without too much delay.  I heart Halloween, and I'm always happy to see it pass into the past.

Comments

Popular Posts