The Catching Up

Friends,  Let's catch up.

Over spring break, I visited my parents.  My mom's not doing great.  She has a super bug infection and is getting some super bug antibiotics.  Center for Disease Control is somehow involved.  Not exactly sure how.  Please keep her in your thoughts. My dad's not feeling great either. So please think kindly on him as well. They're good folk and I love them so.

Then I went to New Orleans.  I met up with Husbandman, 20 Something and #1 Son.  Our time there was phenomenal.  Filled with music and great restaurants and talking and gorgeous live oak trees.  We heard #1 play music 4 different times.  I love the crazy character of New Orleans.  I know I have the tourist point of view, but man alive, I miss New Orleans so much.

Now I'm done with a week back with the Thirdlanders.  I had to finish up report cards and work with the Thirdlanders to publish their zines and get their portfolios in order.  We got the job done, but geez Louise, I was a little wiped out by week's end.

I ended the week just as I've ended the week for the past ten years or so, meeting with the fab 4:  Judith, Sandra, Kathala and yours truly.  No matter what, our gatherings are always fun and essential to my overall wellbeing.  Our time together never feels quite long enough.  Kathala's not feeling so great these days so if you are a praying kind of person, can you please keep her in your prayers?  If you are not, please think of her and her kinfolk with kindness and love.  It all counts.  It all matters.

I've spent quite a bit of time today getting organized for the upcoming week.  Should be a good one.  We're having a publishing party tomorrow because our zines are done.  They truly are fabulous.  I'm proud as punch.

Comments

mm said…
I'll keep your folks in my thoughts.

Have a great time at your publishing party.
KC said…
I'm thinking of your parents and of Kathy. Thanks for the update!
jdoc said…
I'm doing the thinking of, too. I hope everyone feels better so soon.

Popular Posts