The Jumping

My task at the compound carnival was to supervise Littles jumping in an inflatable room. After a few initial runs, I determined that 70 seconds was the perfect amount of time for kids to jump. The line moved quickly. Parents complimented me on my efficiency and not one Little complained when told to leave the jumping area. I was told that 5 was the limit, but I pressed my luck and let six smallies in at one point just as an experiment. 30 seconds later, a kid rolled out crying, holding his leg. I tried to console him but he simply stood up and ran away at top speed. Six just didn't work out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, obviously, the leg wasn't too damaged, since he ran off at top speed.
And tell your favorite author I am so looking forward to reading about the minimizers of the Oseen-Frank energy. I've been fascinated by these little devils for years.
Undomestic said…
I just went to Cameron's carnival on Friday. Mass somewhat organized chaos. Gave me a headache!
KC said…
wow, those pubs of peter's make me think i could never have a conversation with him. does he ever do work in reality tv??
Anonymous said…
Another great Sternberg headshot!
jw
LH said…
The Carnival is wild. I am thinking of Bakhtin whenever I attend.

As for Husbandman, he usually talks about how the Mets are doing, or the evolution of his tennis toe from bruise to nail removal. Not too much about loops or minimizers.
KC said…
i'm so relieved to hear about peter.

Popular Posts