The Dans





The DANS ARE HERE! Brother Dan drove Father Dan to our fine town and we’re having a grand old time. A big outing for Dad is a drive to a medical appointment, so I’m trying to balance some fun field trips with restful down time.  Dad’s 94. He does not move easily nor well. He basically can’t move at all without a lot of assistance.


Yesterday we walked and wheeled at Switchyard Park.  I read all the plaques aloud to the Dans as they listened attentively.  My dad loves history.  We discovered that the first ever color television was made right here in B-town.


Today we drove to our largest state park, Brown County.  We walked and rolled along the Friends Trail, short and shady. Our stop at the Nature Center was a bust.  Even though it was 10:40 and they should have been opened, they were not. I took a photo of the Dans in front of the nature center in order to get fb credit. No one will know the difference.  We stopped for lunch and then headed home for naps.


Tomorrow’s the last day of the visit and I’m thinking of a campus walk followed by lunch on Kirkwood.  Dan2 commented they are fine with a “do nothing day.”  He might be trying to tell me something but I’m not sure.  As usual, I will err on the side of fun.

Comments

KC said…
We can always rest when we get home. Might as well enjoy the glory of B-town while we're in it.
cb said…
You showed the Dans a good time. Plaques are the best.
Janet said…
Sounds like a great visit!
Mitzi Lewison said…
It sounds like this went really well. Great outings!!
marion said…
I love that your dad and brother are posed exactly the same as they sit on the deck. Like father, like son! Glad you had some wonderful time with both of them.

Popular Posts