The Wildlife

Ugandan Snake, Ugandan Frog.  Photo Credit:  Kevin Hunt

 30 Something and K-San, married couple, are in Zambia right now.  They've seen the following animals: elephants, hippos, baboons, crocodiles, monkeys, a leopard, a serval, jackals, fish eagles (national bird), vulture, zebras, wart hogs, many antelopes:  puku, kudu, waterbucks, bushbucks.

Today I received a text that they were heading in to Chobe National Park in search of lions.  Tomorrow they have a "rhino walk" scheduled.  

Right about now, I bet you're wondering why in the holy heck did I not join them on this honeymoon trip?  I know.  Obviously, I should be there too.  I'm the one who has yearned to be a wildlife photographer for most of my adult life. 

On a related note, we did enjoy the frolicking of a v. young fawn in the backyard this week.  Mom was around, keeping a look out.  When a robin flew past the fawn's face, it jumped spastically.  

And on another related note, I did make a donation to the Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee last week. I'm hoping that if I continue to give them money, they'll make an exception and allow me to visit the elephants one of these days. If you have any kind of in with the Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee, please keep in mind that I would love to go there some time in the future. 

Comments

Mitzi Lewison said…
Ha! Ha! You definitely should be in Zambia as should I. Maybe we need make a conference prezzy somewhere in Africa.
KC said…
I think you should be like that mom in that show... what was that show called? With the fancy resort and Connie Britton? The mom was played by Molly Shannon. Just show up.
marion said…
What a great photo! Poor little frog. :(

Popular Posts