The Shaking



There have been some massive ginormous changes back at my school, so today I told Mari Homme, "It's hard being here in Lyon when things are moving and shaking back home."

He answered, "You would probably be talking to everyone right now."

"Are you kidding me?" I concurred. "I'd be talking nonstop with anyone who crossed my path.  For days on end!"

I shouldn't admit this, but I do love a little dramatic gossip here and there. Not too much, just the right amount. So it's hard to not be in the mix, hanging with my homies.  Still, I'm doing many fun and interesting things here in Lyon. I walked into the garden at the Beaux Arts Museum today, to see the sculptures again.  The Rodin sculpture called The Shadow is a good one.   

One thing I may not have mentioned is that I'm doing some research writing / work that involves 2 zooms each week.  As part of this work with good friend Mitzker and a few fun others, I've been reading a bunch of new stuff and learning a bunch of new things.  

It's great to have the time to fool around with tough ideas along with supportive, friendly conversation.  Mitzker and I have completed many projects together over the years, but here we're turning in a new direction. It's slow going, but I don't mind. You know what Karla Kuskin always says --- "It takes a lot of slow to grow." 

ps.  Do you know about the Kronos Quartet world premiere of At War with Ourselves --- 400 Years of You? I hope I get to see this show some day. Sounds so fascinating and moving.  Also, if you click on this link to read more about the work, you can watch a video of poet Nikki Finney that will knock your socks off. You may have already seen it because it's not super new, but man alive, it is awesome.  Nikki Finney is a big part of this performance. Kudos to the 5 members of Kronos Quartet for shaking up our world once again.





Comments

KC said…
Perhaps for your next story, it's just gossip?! Is it annoying to suggest an idea. Sometimes, I get annoyed about that way. But, I'm not trying to be annoying, and you can reject my idea no problem.
LH said…
NOT ANNOYING AT ALL!
Mitzi Lewison said…
Yea for Kronos! Sounds awesome. Love our slugging through the tough readings.
Janet said…
Thanks for the Kronos mention! xx

Popular Posts