The Observation

My principal is coming in this afternoon to observe my teaching.  I'm teaching more about red tide.  Last year, My Principal (MP) sat in the back at a table with his computer.  While I was circling around in a "with it" fashion, an expectation on our evaluation checklist, one 3rdLander decided to work at the table next to MP.  I kept moving around, interacting and checking on comprehension and focus, challenging all learners at their individual levels, when I noticed the kid at the table with MP was whispering constantly to him.  I wandered over there and MP told me that the kid didn't like this assignment and didn't like a lot of the assignments in my class.  This was the same kid who told his parents I treated the 3rdLanders like they were "mindless slaves."  

So, everything turned out okay in the end, but I want to make sure no one sits at the same table as MP today while he's writing his opinions about my teaching.  I don't need extra help, Thirdlanders.  Let's just give MP space to write about my with-it-ness, or lack thereof, without the distractions of comments from the crowd.

Comments

mm said…
I wish I was in the room sitting next to MP. I'd give him constant help as he wrote about what a phenomenal teacher you were.
Come on, little man. This is just subpar.
kc said…
Hilar. I will not be asking my thirdlanders for any help with observations, either.
Anonymous said…
I would love to see a transcript of what this child said to MP.
jw

Popular Posts