CSI: Sidewalk


 I'm on the case of the mole on the sidewalk.  This is an eastern mole, common in Indiana.  It's about 6 inches long, with an attractive white patch. His tunnel might have been filled with poisonous gas. But more likely, he was killed by a cat who just dropped him on the sidewalk when he remembered that his family rejects hunted gifts. Raccoons kill moles, but they usually eat them.  Perhaps the white patch indicates old age.  We'll know more when we get the autopsy results.

Interesting side note:  Moles have very soft fur.  

Comments

KC said…
I encountered a dead bird on my sidewalk the other day. It looked pretty smushed.
LH said…
Have you done the forensics on it yet?
Susan said…
I understand the pelts make a fine coat.
LH said…
HI SUSAN! Yes, I read that Queen Alexandra, who I have never heard of, had a wrap made of mole skins. There were 150+ moles represented on the wrap.

ps.... Getting excited about your coming grandmotherhood!
Janet said…
CSI Sidewalk. That's good! hahahaha

Popular Posts