The Testing

It's time to defund standardized testing.  During our phone chats, my dad keeps bringing up racial disparities on test scores.  He will not let it rest. I guess his news show blabs on about how our "failing public schools" perpetuate the achievement gap.  I try not to take his comments personally, but since I've been working in public schools my entire adult life, his criticism really sticks in my craw.  Give it a rest, Dad.  Please. Standardized testing sucks as a way to see how kids learn and how teachers teach.  I've told you that a million times. End of story.

Comments

mm said…
I agree about defunding testing. I also am concerned about our students of color. I do think our system needs revamped. Let's keep fighting the good fight!!
KC said…
Testing is so unbelievably stupid. Everyone in the know agrees.

Popular Posts