The Review

I'm writing a book review right now.  I'm not crazy about the book, but it seems mean to review it too negatively.  People worked on this book. Maybe they did their best. On the other hand, does anyone really care what I say about a book?  People can read it if they feel like it.   Right now a plumber is in my house.  He's talking very loudly to Husbandman about a leak in our basement.  I'm not happy to hear him say that we have "thick walls" and "rotten copper." He keeps saying "rotten copper" over and over again. This is not going to end well.  I can tell I'm not going to make progress on my book review today with all that's going on in the basement.  I'm super annoyed. I wish this guy would leave. I've never encountered a louder plumber than this guy



Comments

mm said…
I hope the plumber left without the need for an expensive repair.

jdoc said…
I feel like the plumber is being too hard on your copper. It's probably not the copper's fault.
Julie said…
Just to let you know that I'm caught up on the blog now. :-) Rotten copper has been big the news lately. ha.
LH said…
It's kind of funny that we are having our copper pipes replaced with plastic ones. Copper just seems better than plastic to me, but I guess it's not. Remember that movie Moonstruck? Vincent Gardenia said that copper pipes were the best ones.

I can't deny that our copper pipes did have cracks. And as the loud plumber pointed out, "Look, I can dent this with my thumb."
So, just FYI: don't go with copper and don't get plumbing advice from Cher movies.

Right now there's a hole in our wall that will be made larger soon.

But then the wall will be repaired and painted and we can move on and not think about this situation ever again. I hope.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KC said…
All that happens in these parts lately is that we pay thousands of dollars for home repairs. I'm flipping sick of it.
LH said…
If we were renting tiny houses, we wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense.

Popular Posts