The Decarceration

This morning, I read a few terrifying articles about Covid outbreaks in prisons.  It's time to get a move on with decarceration.  A few states have taken steps to increase compassionate release for prisoners, but it's been slow going.  I read about ACLU's 50 state blueprint for decarceration.  Indiana could save a lot of money in the long run by following this blueprint.  I wrote to the governor to encourage him to release people from prison who are vulnerable, close to release, and/or non-violent offenders. I also wrote to a Senator about supporting the Covid-19 Safer Detention Act.  Small actions, I know, but I'm doing my best and forgetting the rest right now.

Comments

mm said…
Good for you. This is an important issue.
KC said…
Good job. I need to get on this, as well.

Popular Posts