The Strolling


 Yesterday (January 1) was a day when people in Paris became legally mandated to wear masks even when walking around outside, or face the consequence of a 135 euro fine.  Most people do have their masks on, but I'm sad to tell you that some people are not following the mandate.  I am desperate to see someone get fined, but so far, no such luck.  When I pass a mask wearer I send them silent thanks.  When I pass a non-masker, I wish them good luck and good health, which is nice of me considering these people are hell bent on destroying civilization as we know it. 

On Friday I visited the eglise of St. Eustache.  Fantastic.  We walked to Bois de Vincennes yesterday, a beautiful park where you can take off your mask.  We walked around a lake and saw a peacock sashaying about.  There's a Buddhist temple in the park that reminded me of our Buddhist temples in B-Town.  Today we visited the Institut du Monde Arabe.  Saw a great exhibit about the "history of Jewish communities in the Arab world." I learned that the Jewish tribes of Medina were doing just fine in Saudi Arabia before the prophet Muhammad appeared on the scene. Another big surprise was learning about Renee Dangoor, the Jewish beauty queen of Iraq, crowned in 1947.  After the museum, we walked to Shakespeare and Co, where Husbandman bought a book.  

Last night we watched The Last Daughter, which was good and a little sad, but Olivia Coleman once again knocks it out of the park with another stellar performance.  Well done, Olivia Coleman!


Comments

Julie said…
I just realized that I've put a couple of sort of "downer" comments on the blog. My mood is first-day-back-to-work-after-holidays, so you'll have to excuse me. I should try to be more upbeat.
LH said…
JULIE! All comments are GREAT comments!

You are perfect.
KC said…
LOL. The un-maskers. I hate them, too.

Popular Posts