The CRT




 I read an interview about Critical Race Theory in schools with Terry Gross and Tyler KingKade yesterday. I'm fooling around with a new story that has to do with all the crazy hubbub about teaching about "divisive topics."  (AKA race and gender).  Tyler says that many parents were not happy when they listened to their kids' teachers talking about race and gender during pandemic remote learning sessions. 

So now some of these parents and that freak on Fox think teachers should wear body cameras so that discussions can be monitored.  

To be honest, I'm not crazy about the idea.  What do you think?  Should I wear a body cam while I'm teaching or not? I write a weekly newsletter on my teaching blog where I share the social justice books we discuss as well as other fascinating topics about classroom life.  Isn't that good enough?  If I have to wear a body cam, I'm definitely NOT doing the weekly newsletter as well.  

On a happier note, my walk around the 2nd arrondissement was fabulous today. I walked through many covered passages.  The oldest was built in 1817. These covered passages are very lovely. There are shops and eateries in these passages.  Here's one I liked.  And here's another. Nice, right?  

Comments

cb said…
Body cams for teachers? Good lord. I do not like that idea at all.

But I do love the Parisian covered passages. They are wonderful. Your photos are fuel for daydreams.
KC said…
I'm a no on the body cam, but guess what? I'm still zooming every hour of the day for the kids at home with Covid and Covid exposures, so it's kind of the same. I have a cool camera called the OWL. I actually like how it works.
Mitzi Lewison said…
Thanks for CRT lead. Body cams!! OMG!
Julie said…
I love covered passages. We could use a few architecturally interesting ones here in Bloomington. Body cam people are the same people screaming about government overreach? Anti maskers saying "my body, my choice" are the same people screaming about abortion? When will these people grow brains? Or at least look up the word "irony" in a dictionary.

Popular Posts