The Missing Vim


 My walk today featured visits to the graves of Jim Morrison and Edith Piaf.  I love that Pere Lachaise Cemetery.  I'll probably go there 6 more times.  It's moving to see the flowers and song lyrics and notes on the graves of these beloveds.  Someone put a beautiful yellow rose on Edith's grave this morning.  I wish I had brought some type of tribute. Maybe I will some time.

After a nap this afternoon, I spent some time reading about Jim Morrison.  I wish he hadn't struggled with addiction. He lived near here so I'll swing by his apartment tomorrow.  I also read about Modigliani, one of my fave artists.  He's in Pere Lachaise too, but that place is vast and I didn't see him today.  I will. He also struggled with addiction and he used to strip naked at parties. 

I'm feeling kind of tired today.  I don't have my usual ex-Pat vim and vigor.  I'm lucky that I can just enjoy an afternoon reading about the dead people of Pere Lachaise.  


Comments

cb said…
A contemplative post. Merci. I would like to go to the Pere Lachaise cemetery. Just get lost wandering around.
Julie said…
If you read "No One Here Gets Out Alive", it seems that Jim Morrison was more of a straight up alcoholic rather than a drug addict. But it's been a long time since I read it, so he could've done drugs as well. Either way, it is sad because he was a real talent. I didn't get to this graveyard the one time I was in Paris a million years ago. I hope I get to see it some day.
KC said…
It's good to just give into tiredness. I'm doing it right now.
Janet said…
I did not know this about Modigliani! Your post got me to read more about him. I did not know he died at such a young age - tragic story.

Popular Posts