The Preview

Leopold Rabus
La lumiere ne brule pas dans un vieux poteau.
The light doesn't burn on an old pole.



Hand and egg shell could be a good #twintuesday combo for tomorrow on Insta.  I saw this piece of art through the window at a gallery in the Marais.  I took the photo and then later thought it wouldn't be appropriate to post the photo without crediting the artist. So I went searching all over tarnation for the gallery later in the week.  Could not find it so I gave up the search.  Then a few days later, I came upon the window by surprise.  It was nowhere near where I had been looking. Note to self --- stop trying to find things and also write down artists' names when you photograph their creations.

I have been reading about Leopold Rabus and looking at more of his artwork here.  Leopold is Swiss and he's 45 years old. I couldn't find much about his love life but he was married to a woman named Anna Hirsch a few years ago. I hope they're still together. 


 

Comments

cb said…
I'm enjoying these French art adventures so much.

That arm is astonishing.

Mitzi Lewison said…
Wow! Love the work of Rabus. Thanks for finding his name and sharing. I have had the same issue as you--taking a photo of some great piece of art and then forgetting who made it. I now have a new strategy that I used at the Art Institute recently. Take the photo and then take a photo of the name (if there is one). Love your trip!!
Janet said…
I'm gonna have to say that this piece kind of freaks me out a bit.
KC said…
I agree with Janet that this photo is striking in a bit of a scary way.

Popular Posts