The Sheep




 I went to a cheese shop yesterday on my walk home.  I told the woman that I had been in France for several months and want to try some new cheeses.  She asked, "goat? sheep?"  I said "sheep" for no particular reason. I like them all.  I added that I do like a cheese with a sharp taste.  So she brought me over 2 cheeses.  She said, "These are from the summer when the sheep were out eating the grass all day. Both are very good tasting." 

The one I bought was a little pricey, but v. delicious and don't you love the image of the sheep outside this past summer enjoying their grazing and their friendships?   I can't remember the name of this cheese, so that's my bad and I apologize because I know for a fact that you would really like this cheese. 

Comments

cb said…
I would like that languid summer sheep cheese. Your cheese adventures are admirable.
Mitzi Lewison said…
Yum. Sheep cheese is always good. The French cheese shop is such a wonderful cut of the French culture. There are always more cheeses than I could ever imagine and the knowledge of the proprietor is vast, yet also specific. I'm sure there must have been some sociologist that studied this part of French culture. Enjoy my friend.
Janet said…
Hard to imagine a cheese I would not like. There are some very smelly cheeses that I can live without, but in general, thumbs up for cheese. What did you have with it? Wine? Amazing bread baked that morning? #morecheeseplease

Popular Posts