The Pace


 Yesterday I walked to Rue Mouffetard.  Today I walked for a longer time, west toward the Tuileries Garden.  Catherine De Medici had these gardens built near her palace back in 1564. I spent some time reading about her this afternoon.  She kept busy, let me tell you.  

My walking pace appears to be slower than some pedestrians who click by in a rush. I don't like to be an impediment to the progress of others, but in the end, everyone needs to do their best and forget the rest

The garden was lovely under a sunny blue sky. I walked through the Christmas Market and considered buying some aligot for lunch, but maybe that will happen on another day.  

 I love the green metal chairs placed all over Parisian parks.  Why can't we have those in Bloomington? Would people abscond with them?  Is that the problem? I'm going to start a campaign for park chairs when I get home.  I hope you'll join me. 

Comments

cb said…
Aligot would make a delicious lunch. What color are you thinking of for the Bloomington park chairs?
LH said…
Probably they would have to be green?
Mitzi Lewison said…
Are you going to see the Signac collection at the Musée d'Orsay? It should be pretty amazing.
Janet said…
#weneedgreenchairs

Let's get this going now. Green Chairs. Important.

Popular Posts