The Museums


 I visited 2 museums this week.  Musee Luxembourg where I saw the brilliant photography of Vivian Maier, my compatriot.  I also went to the Picasso Museum, where there was a fab exhibit that showed the ways Rodin and Picasso had some cool similarities to the ways they worked. Today I walked in the 2nd and found a few of the covered passages that were built in the early 1800's. V. beautiful. 

Yesterday I read about working in a public library.  The one nearest to us is in The Arsenal and it's primarily a research library.  We had to fill out forms and talk to different people.  We were lucky because a young French grad student who is doing a PhD at Columbia, but is doing research in France, was there and she helped walk us through all the steps to getting our seat assignments in the research room.  I went back today and I think I'm actually supposed to be using materials from the library to be working there, but when people asked me which books I needed, I just said, "I don't need anything. I'm fine." They let me stay both days and I got a lot done on my new story about two independent girls.  But I might look for another library.  I'm not sure.  

I'm happy for all my good friends who are on WINTER BREAK now!!! Enjoy every second!  Mari Homme and I are toasting you tonight.

Also Happy Birthday to Kyle (fantabulous future son in law) and Rachel (present day perfect partner of #1 Son!  Isn't it odd that the kids' partners have the same birthday?  

Comments

cb said…
Happy birthday to Kyle and Rachel! What are the odds, indeed.

Love that girl in the Vivian Maier photo. For some reason, the watch always surprises me.
Mitzi Lewison said…
I love that you have an assigned seat in the library. Again--the cultural differences are so distinct and connected to different (and some similar) entanglements.
Sandy said…
Happy birthday to Kyle and Rachel! I’m sure it’s very belated by now. Just getting caught up on your blog and your many Paris adventures! It’s kinda cool they have the same birthday. Easy to remember!
Janet said…
So much good news in the post! I love that you are using the library AND that you have a new story! Hope you share it soon. I did not know that K & R have the same birthday - that is really something! Wow!

Popular Posts