La Coulee Verte



 Today Mari Homme decided that he had had more than enough of the working world and so he decided to join me on my flaneur adventure of the day.  You probably already know that a flaneur is someone who saunters around observing society. 

In our neighborhood is the beginning of the Coulee Verte, an elevated walking path that stretches out for about 3 miles.  The Coulee Verte was built before New York's High Line, so let's give credit where credit is due.  We didn't walk all of it, but we walked a goodly amount.  So pleasant.  

FYI:  I'm working on a new short story about a kid who wants the right to vote.  There are organizations of people who believe that kids at age ZERO should have the right to vote.  Their parents will have a half value proxy vote for them until the family feels the kid can deal with voting.  I was somewhat opposed to this whole concept but now I'm on board. Kind of.  I'm still learning about the whole thing. Do you think it's intriguing?  


Comments

cb said…
It is intriguing. Looking forward to your new story and learning more. Also, I am falling in love with your new neighborhood . . .
Mitzi Lewison said…
I have never heard or seen La Coulee Verte. Seems lovely. Glad some of our post-human discussions are inspiring fiction.
Janet said…
Wait, there is a "High Line" in Paris??? I did not know that, and that is so great! I want to experience that! I like your idea about kids getting to vote, but honestly, I wish we could work on more grown ups voting. But that is a complex issue in and of itself, yes? Did you see the final Laurie Anderson Noron lecture? Magnificent.
KC said…
I DO think it's intriguing! But, I'm also concerned about the republicans with tons of children just getting extra votes.

Popular Posts